If you are a student looking for a great, yet cheap vacation, then consider your options and possibilities with great care. Many ads will tell you that you can do it all and see it all, but the right choice with the greatest savings is what you really want to find. Combine cheap airfare with the convenience of having a campervan waiting for you upon arrival, and you will find that these arrangements might be the best deal.
Whether you are a student or someone wanting a cheap vacation, there are many packaged deals that offer airfare and hotel rates combined that will save you money. Some offers involve certain dates and other specifics, such as meals. Whatever you would like, it is available.
If you are in the market for a camper for yourself and possibly a few guests, then Wicked Campers offers 2, 3 and 5 seat campervan styles. Traveling in a camper allows for freedom on the road and peace of mind from knowing that you have your room accommodations right there with you. There is no need to do that daunting search for an affordable room for the night. A campervan is a great option for those who are in search of spontaneity while traveling. Wicked Campers operates in Australia, Africa, New Zealand, Europe, Thailand, and North and South America, so you are sure to find their campers for any destination you might have in mind.
The Top Ten Tips for a Cheap, but Fun Holiday:
• If you travel close to home, you will pay less. The further you go, the more the trip will cost, this is a no brainer, but people tend to overlook the simplicity of planning their travel expenses. The first thing you should look for are cheap flights to your desired destination.
• Choose a non-peak time to travel. If you want to save money then you should not go during a peak holiday season.
• Book early. Decide late. You will get good deals if you book well in advance of your travel date. Be on the lookout for late, cancelled reservations. At times, these will be cheaper than your advance rates.
• If you have close friends who like to travel, see what is available in the way of group rates. This works particularly well if you want a lakeside rental cottage. If you are interested in hiking, then you can find beautiful homes in the woods. There are lovely A-frames that will provide luxury accommodations, such as hot tubs and fireplaces. You can do your own cooking and save on your meals. Some of these places will permit pets. Combining the campervan experience with a several day stay in an A-frame may be quite interesting.
• If you are staying in a cottage, an A-frame or a condominium, you can plan to take food from home with you. This and shopping at local grocery stores for their best deals will definitely save you money.
• If traveling by campervan, take a cooler with you. You can keep it packed with sandwiches and soft drinks for cheaper lunches and snacks. You will save money on food and travel time both.
• If time allows and you are traveling in your own country, call and get a local newspaper for your primary destination. This will give you a feel for the area and possibly alert you to some very good deals. This can also be done internationally.
• If you are a student who wants to stay for the summer, plan to couple your vacation with a job. Part-time work in a resort area may offer you this opportunity. This is another good reason to acquire a local newspaper. If you want an extended stay, then call ahead to some of the local resorts or restaurants to see if they are doing seasonal hiring. Working holidays can be fun!
• Read about the places that interest you. Make certain that you can truly afford them.
• Leave your phone number on studentflights.com or wickedcamper.com and information, including additional tips will be provided.