Call Wicked CampersCampervan Hire Booking
Campervan Hire Booking

Wicked Campervan Rental Australia

Want to Hire a Wicked Camper, but have a few questions?

Or just general "Is Donald Trump's hair actually a small furry extra-terrestrial creature from a highly-civilised planet located within the wider Circumstellar Habitable Zone of the Universe?" or "Do you know what this thing is on my back?"

Under the influence of the right drugs, we could answer those questions. For now though, we are only capable of answering campervan rental-related questions. In fact we've already trawled the depths of your minds (it's dark in there, you dirty, sexy thing) and we've prepared some answers to your questions as featured below...

Wicked Campers have Rental Locations in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and 11 Other Locations across Australia. That's good news for people who like good news!


Short Answer: NO. Why? See below baby...

What is a Toll Road? There are 15 Toll Roads on Australia’s East Coast. Many are unavoidable, major arterial roads and all are a complete & utter rip-off. Any vehicle traversing on these roads is required to pay a Toll Fee within 3 days. If the Toll Fee isn’t paid, the Toll Companies send Wicked Campers a letter of demand with an Additional Administration Fee of up to $30 (for each Toll infringement). Wicked Campers has until this point, been passing these fees on to the customer (sometimes we don’t receive notification for up to 3 months after the Infringement Date).

Wicked Camper’s competitors charge their customers $60-$80 per infringement as an additional administration fee if they do not pay their Toll Fees on time.

Toll Roads Levy $35 As of 10th April 2015, all Wicked Campers are registered with Toll Road companies around Australia.

What am I getting for $35? By paying the Wicked Campers Toll Roads Levy, you have Unlimited access to Toll Roads in Australia. You do not have to stress about paying them – we will pay them. Just enjoy your holiday knowing there will be no nasty surprises after your trip!

Do I Have to Pay the Toll Roads Levy? If you are travelling in or through Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne, you must pay the Toll Roads Levy. The Levy is non-refundable.

Note: Wicked Campers Toll Levy does NOT cover infringements received for illegal conduct (Speeding, DUI etc.) or Parking fines.

The Following Equipment is included in 2WD Campervans & 4WD Hire Vehicles?

  • Single gas burner
  • Water container or sink
  • Ice box / Esky
  • Pot & Pan
  • Crockery and Cutlery
  • CD Player
  • MP3 Input (selected vehicles only)
  • Mattresses (Pillows and Linen Not Included)

Optional Extras

  • Table and chairs for outside (Optional $15 fixed fee)
  • Automatic Transmission Guarantee (Optional $5 per day)
  • GPS Rental (Optional $5 per day)

Do any Wicked Campers have an MP3 connection? All vehicles come with a CD Player. Our Minicampers & Premium 2-Seaters are all fitted with ipod connectivity. However for the rest of our campervans you will have to purchase an MP3 radio transmitter that will play songs through the radio.

Can I hire baby seats/ do any vehicles have anchor points for a baby seat? No we do not hire baby seats. Campers only have 2 shoulder seatbelts and a waist belt in the middle of a 3 berth camper (bench seat). Our vans do not have an anchor point for baby seats. If you wish to travel with a child seat, then the Mini Camper 3 & our AWD / 4WD Vehicles are the only vehicles with anchor points.

What are the external dimensions of your campers? Vans are approx. 4.6m long, 1.7m wide and 1.9m high

Do vans have roof racks or tow bars? No. We do not have roof racks or tow bars.

Can I choose my design? Customers are welcome to put in a request for the design on the camper which we will try our best to accommodate if available. However as a lot of our hires are one way it is not guaranteed. Customers are also welcome to request a 'tame' van if travelling with children etc.

Which Vehicles are Automatic Transmission?

  • Mini Campers: AUTO & MANUAL (request Auto at time of booking)
  • Iconic Campers: MANUAL / AUTO Limited Availability (request Auto at time of booking)
  • Premium 2-Seaters: MANUAL / AUTO Limited Availability (request Auto at time of booking)
  • 4WD & AWD Vehicles: MANUAL & AUTO (request Auto at time of booking)

Does the vehicle come with Linen? No – the vehicles do not come with linen or pillows. You will need to supply our own. Some depots carry pillows and blankets from previous customers. You can use these if necessary, however this service is provided as a gesture of goodwill only.

Does my Camper come with a Sat Nav? GPS devices are available for hire, book online or notify our Roadtrip Planners when booking.

Wicked Campers Liability Reduction Options offer customers the opportunity to minimise the Bond required to hire a vehicle. Please Note that all Bond Refunds can take up to 14 Working Days to Process.

What is a Bond? A Bond is a security deposit payable at time of vehicle pickup. It is the same as a Bond when renting an Apartment, if the vehicle is returned in good order, the Bond is refunded to the hirer’s account.

Is the Bond actually deducted from my account? Yes, the full Bond amount will be deducted from your account at the collection depot on day of pickup.

How long does it take to refund my Bond? If you return your vehicle on-time and in good condition (& clean), then your Bond will be refunded back onto the same card within 14 Working Days.

Why does Standard Liability Reduction incur a $100 Fee? This $100 fee applies to any hirer paying a $3000 or $5000 Bond. It is non-refundable and covers the costs we have to absorb from currency fluctuations and International Transaction Fees.

I don’t have a Credit Card, only a Debit Card? If you decide to take Liability Reduction B, you will be required to provide a valid credit card at time of pickup. This is for the Pre-Authorisation and a security imprint (in case the vehicle is stolen). If you do not have a Credit Card, then you will need to pay a $500 Bond from your Debit Card at time of collecting the vehicle.

Standard: 2WD / 4WD Reduction B: 2WD / 4WD (Recommended)
Charge $100 Fixed Cost $25 Per Day (capped at $1125)/ $40 Per Day (capped at $1800)
Bond Required $3000 / $5000 Debited from your Account $0. Credit Card required for Security Imprint on Contract.
Foreign License Fee $5 Per Day No Fee
Additional Drivers Fee $2 Per Day No Fee
Roadside Assistance Callout Fee Hirer Liable for Callout Fees Included (Exclusions Apply See Below)
Coverage No Cover 4 Tyres + Front Windscreen
Important Information Foreign License Fee applies to all Drivers with licenses from any country outside of Australia (including International Drivers Licenses). Hirer is liable for any damage to Rooftop Tents. Fee valid for up to 4 Additional Drivers. Hirer will be liable for any & all Roadside Assistance Call Out Fees. Bond Refunds will take up to 14 Business Days to process from date of dropoff. Credit Card required for Security Imprint on Rental Agreement. A $500 Bond is required if no Credit Card is available for Imprint. Hirer will be liable for Roadside Assistance Call Out Fees in the event of human error (Lost Keys, Keys locked in vehicle, Flat Battery, Tyre Changes, No Fuel, etc). Includes up to 4 Additional Drivers. No Charge for Drivers with Foreign License. Wicked Campers Liability Reduction Options are Subject to the Terms & Conditions of the Vehicle Rental Agreement & Wicked Campers Policies as available on

If I'm paying the security bond on credit card, do you actually take the money or just an imprint? For hires in Australia, a $3000 (2WD) or $5000 (4WD) bond is debited from your account for the duration of hire. Once the camper has been returned without damage or breach of contract, bond will be refunded. Bond refunds generally take up to 14 working days to be processed & refunded. Depending on how busy our depots have been, bond can sometimes take a little longer than usual to be refunded.

Why should I take Liability Reduction B? Liability Reduction B will: - Reduce your Bond Amount to $0. This option also allows for up to 4 Extra Drivers and covers hirer for Front Windscreen, 4 x Tyres and minor incidents may be covered in certain situations – refer to our policies for more information.

Can I hire on my Provisional License? Yes – but it's $5 per day extra for Green P-Platers & $10 Per Day extra for Red P-Platers.

I’m under 21 – can I hire? YES! Anybody over 18 can hire our 2WD Vehicles! Sorry only over 21's can hire 4WD/AWD Vehicles & Tour Buses.

Can I hire with an Overseas License / Do I need an International License? Yes you can hire a Wicked Camper just using a valid drivers license from your country. An International License is not required.

Are your rates based on a daily or nightly rate? Daily as it is based on a calendar days.

Do you have to pay for additional drivers or kilometres? Having extra drivers is included in our Liability Reduction Option B. If you are not Liability Reduction Option B, an additional $2 daily will be required. We do not charge for extra kilometres, however you should be wary that minimum hire requirements need to be met. Excessive kilometres travelled or useage of the vehicle in areas outside those specified on your contract may result in fees and/or null of Liability Reduction Cover.

What is the Outback Fee? If you are travelling into the outback (rural areas) you are required to pay an Outback Fee of $10 Per Day.

What is the Administration and Contract Fee? This fee applies to all hires and covers a range of costs including credit card surcharge, reservation costs and contract amendment fees.

What happens if I break down or have an issue with the Vehicle? We have 24 hour roadside assistance available to Wicked Camper hirers. In the event of a breakdown you are to call: 1800 24 68 70 for assistance and our operator will help.

Can I book Online? Hell yeah – check it out baby: Book Online

What is the minimum hire for most roadtrips? Our minimum hires are based on an allowance of approximately 300kms per day. You should let our staff know your itinerary when collecting the camper.

What do I need to bring when collecting my vehicle? Pillows & Blankets, Licenses for ALL DRIVERS, All drivers will need to be present at pickup in order to sign the Rental Agreement

Do you have airport pickups available? Airport pickups are not available. Most depots can be accessed by public transport, however taxis can be a quicker and more convenient option.

Can I extend my hire? Depending on availability, you can easily extend your hire by calling 1800 24 68 69 or by SMS to: +61 438 096 250

Can I drop my vehicle off late? Some of our depots have a late returns key drop box. Call 1800 24 68 69 if you need to do this. Always make sure to lock the vehicle before leaving it as you are liable for it until the depot is open the next day!

Can I pickup early? No – you can only collect your vehicle during opening hours.

Do I have to clean my van before returning? Yes please! A $200 Cleaning Fee applies to all vehicles returned uncleaned!

How do I find out about Relocation Specials? Call our sexy Roadtrip Planners on 1800 24 68 69.

I’m Gay, smoke pot and drop acid like a struggling writer, can I get a mega-discount? Hmmm. One discount per booking sorry!

What if I want to cancel my booking? If you need to cancel your booking, the $500 downpayment will be forfeited.

Can I park the camper anywhere when staying the night? In most places you’re allowed to park and camp for a night or two provided you’re not too messy and noisy. In city areas it’s a good idea to scout out caravan parks as some local councils fine backpackers for camping in the street (particularly Byron Bay). But as Australia is a large, sparse country, you’ll have no worries finding places to park and sleep for free! Just be sure not to be an asshole and leave your trash all over the place!

What type of fuel do the campers use? The vast majority of our Campervans, 4WD's and Minicampers run on unleaded petrol. Some (limited) 4x4 Campers run on Diesel.

What is the approx fuel consumption of your campers? Mini Campers are the cheapest to travel in. They will travel approximately 400-450kms per tank and cost around $45-$55 to fill. Iconic Campers will travel approximately 350-400kms per tank – depending on speed and terrain. A tank of fuel will cost approximately $60 to fill. Premium Campers will travel approximately 400kms per tank and cost around $60 to fill. 4x4 Vehicles are subject to road conditions. Offroad travel will greatly affect fuel usage.

Do the vehicles come with Fuel? No – you pickup empty and dropoff empty.

Wanna Hire a Campervan in Australia? Well look no further - we've got locations all around Australia and the World! Call our gorgeous Roadtrip Planners today (seriously - they're freakin smoking hot!):

In Australia Ph: 1800 24 68 69
In New Zealand Ph: 0800 24 68 70

Camper Rental has never been so sexy, Book Online or call up pronto amigo!

Wicked Campers Loves You and wants to have your babies...

You know what you do when you're in love? You make a Mix Tape. Even though you might not have noticed us hanging out in front of your bedroom window for a while, we still get all tingly when we think about you. So here's a mix tape, 420 songs, around 27-Hours. That's so long even Sting would need 2 cigarette breaks.

Wind down your windows and lift that restraining order - we're coming over baby!

Find our Playlist in Spotify, paste this into your Spotify Search Bar: spotify:user:wicked_campers

Go to top